As we sit here in the nation's capital wrapping up our fall road trip, it seems even more important to understand the decision our country is facing. We've all laughed at the SNL coverage of the debates... and sometimes at the debates themselves. We've seen the nasty commercials where the candidates trash one another and we've all probably had awkward discussions with friends and family that don't fall on the same side as us.
But Tuesday is the day. It's important that your voice is heard. People think their vote doesn't count, but every level of government makes decisions that impact your daily life. If your state is not a swing state, you still have a say in local politics. No excuses. Show up and have your voice heard.
If you are looking for information, check out these links:
- Visit Washington Post's How to Vote in Each State
- Get additional information on your local ballot at Ballot Ready
- Learn how to Make America Green Again on Grist.org
- Find more information on climate change and voting at NextGen Climate
- Do some research on our past presidents and their policies and leadership techniques by listening to the Presidential Podcast
And if you stay home... you don't get to complain. That's the rule. I'm sure it's written in the constitution somewhere. Best of luck to all of us.